Buying a property requires making many important financial decisions, understanding complex issues and completing a lot of paperwork. It helps to have an expert in your corner when undertaking such a large purchase.
It’s important that you find someone you feel completely comfortable with, who you can trust, and who listens to you and respects your views. They have the market knowledge and expertise, but at the end of the day, it’s your home and your investment, so you must be able to work well with your Realtor.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing your real estate professional:
- Look for a full-time agent – one who has experience completing transactions similar to yours.
- Choose an agent who is experienced in the market
- Ask how much time the agent will have for you, and if they are available at night and on weekends.
- Does the agent return your calls promptly? Time is money when attempting to buy a property.
- Ask for a list of properties they have sold or a list of references.
- Choose an agent who listens attentively to your needs and concerns. Pick an agent, with whom you feel comfortable.